Hooray for Fridays!!
This has been a tough week. There are times that things happen that you really just can’t understand why, and no matter how many ways you ask the question….there is just no answer.
Despite the sad news from home, there where things that lifted my spirit and my heart this week. And for that I am grateful.
1. Family. During a time of loss, family is so very important. I’m thankful I come from a large family and so I know that my sister is being taken care of. Being loved, being distracted and that there are people there for her. Of course I wish I was at home with her right now but I just can’t be.
my sister who lost her baby this week carrying my niece. – she’ll make a great mom I know.
2. Breakfast with a group of mums. This week a class parent for my 10th grader got us together for a Valentine breakfast. We also played a game where we had to buy 5 gifts under 3 pounds each to give to five random people. Our gifts where fun, practical, cheeky and delicious. It was good for my soul to be there with them.
3. Information. Sharing information. By this I mean, by spending time with other moms who also have kids in grade 10 and are the age of 15, 16years old – sharing information is so important. Information on what’s happening at school, where the kids are hanging out, what their doing when they get together out of school and on and on and on. I learnt a few things yesterday about our kids and different styles of parenting. And whenever you can share information about parenting, it’s a good thing.
4. Snow. I have to be honest here – I miss the snow. Not the cold that comes with it but having white flakes fall from the sky, that’s magical!! This week we had a little snow. Just enough to cover the ground and cars, but also enough to appreciate winter and that white blanket covering.
5. Lastly for # 5….flowers. No matter what kind of a day I’m having, (or week ) for that matter flowers always cheer me up and put a smile on my face.
Susanne @ Living to Tell the Story hosts FFF. Check her blog out and others who do FFF.
Happy weekend everyone.